Thursday, July 31, 2008

Finger Painting






What an artist we have! Today was cloudy and overcast so I decided to break out the finger paint and let Landon have a little messy fun today. This is not only good for his creativity but also his fine motor skills. He had such a good time getting his hands all "goopy" that I also most felt bad when it was time to stop. We have painted before but I was usually the one doing most of the work. Today I didn't have to do anything but put the paint onto the paper. He did the rest.


While we were playing today I thought about all the kids who have parents that don't allow their children to "get messy" and how much they are missing out on. Not only are the kids missing out on have great fun, the parents are missing out too. It brings joy to my heart to see Landon having fun. I don't even think it's that much trouble to get him ready, get the materials ready, and the clean-up is as simple as a wet rag. Memories.....That's what your creating and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

No comments: