Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cades Cove Picnic

Yesterday morning, bright and early, we took at trip to the Great Smokey Mountains.  A popular place to go is Cades Cove.  It's a great place to have a picnic, enjoy the great outdoors, and play in some VERY cold water.  When Travis and I were growing up our families often frequented this picnic area.  Even though we didn't know each other then,  both of our families enjoyed this same outing. I hate that Travis wasn't here with us to enjoy Landon in the creek but I took lots of pictures.

I knew that Landon would enjoy throwing rocks in the water and "stirring" the water with a stick but I had no idea exactly how much he would love the water.  The water is VERY cold because it is coming down from the mountains. but that didn't phase Landon.  Right in he went.  He played, and played, and played.  it was so much fun to watch him enjoy himself.


After lunch we jumped in the car and drove around the Loop.  The loop is just that, a loop that allows you to drive through "nature".  It is a one way road with little pull offs so you can stop.  You often see deer, bears, and wild turkeys.  It is a very popular activity for visitors alike.  Landon wasn't so much into this part of the trip but I really enjoyed the views.  It was a wonderful morning and I can't wait to do it again.

No comments: