Monday, September 15, 2008

God answeres prayers

Landon's surgery went wonderfully. I was a little worried about them doing the surgery or not due to the fact that he had a 101.3 temp on Thursday and developed a rash, that is not getting better, on Saturday. Why worry when you have prayer warriors praying for you? They did the surgery without a second thought. When they took him back he was already getting sleepy because it was almost nap time, I'm sure the "special" medicine they gave him helped too. He went with the anesthesiologist without a fuss. After the surgery was over they came and got me...he was still asleep and continued to sleep for about an hour longer. No problems, he was just having his normal nap time. When he woke up he was happy and ready to drink some juice and eat a few animal crackers. No fussiness which usually happens when children wake up from anesthesia. God definitely had His protective had over Landon and the doctors. Right now Landon is down stairs playing with Travis acting like nothing different happened today. We thank you for your prayers.

His rash seems to be getting a little worse. I plan on calling the pediatrician tomorrow and try to get it checked out. I'm sure it's not be deal but I'm thinking a rash all over his body that has lasted for more than 3 days and is getting worse instead of better is worth the call.

4 comments:

The Milne Family said...

I just realized that the video was in the archives - isn't amazing how tiring that activity is for the parent! Jacob and Zack like to do that in the laundry basket. The other day I found Jacob pushing Zack in it! Ha!
Oh, and I'm so glad to hear about the surgery! Hope the rash resolves soon!
Love, Julie

James and Laura said...

We enjoyed that video, go Travis! Look forward to finding out if Landon becomes a "chatterbox" in the next few months:) We love to hear the kids talking and using their sweet voices around the house... and then the quiet after bedtime seems that much quieter!!

Love,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Hey Bev, Just checking on the rash...my oldest had roseola (sp?) it was in conjunction with a high fever and an all over body rash. I'm glad the tubes went well...get ready for a flood of chatter!!

Love you guys,
audra

Anonymous said...

Oops...I didn't mean to be anonymous!